Thursday, July 16, 2009

10 June 2009 - Day 11: Brighton & Hove Breathe Easy Group

1.15 p.m.

Rita is returning home and she gives me a lift to Portslade Village where I'm giving a talk about my Drawing Breath project to members of Brighton and Hove Breathe Easy support group. I pitch up after eating a hasty fish and chips in the park opposite and get a warm welcome from the group.

It's their A.G.M. first, then the talk. There are lots of questions and they are a lovely appreciative audience.






















A raffle presided over by Liza follows the talk. This group has a vibrant energy. Many exercise regularly and the group has raised money to employ qualified trainers to teach breathing exercises, and tai chi is planned for the autumn.














I get a lift back into Brighton and fall asleep after dinner in front of the TV, while Susy and Tricia watch a dvd.