Thursday, July 16, 2009

8 June 2009 - Day 9: Brighton sings!

1.15 p.m.

I am in Brighton until Thursday morning. I have arranged to visit Udita Everett's Singing Therapy for Health and Wellbeing for people with lung disease and breathing difficulties. Udita, a holistic voice coach, is charismatic and passionate in her belief in the benefits of singing for lung health.



Udita has given training sessions for the Sidney de Haan Research Centre for Arts and Health, where I am patient representative on the steering group of their singing and c.o.p.d. (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) project. Udita's group is well attended and sings with gusto. I bellow out in a croaky tenor and feel re-energised by the time I leave. Several of the group ask me about Drawing Breath and request the link to read the blog.


7.30 p.m.

Rita has arrived and we drive over to Trisha and Susy's and we end the evening sharing a meal with several old friends.