Thursday, July 16, 2009

26 June 2009 - Day 27: Another blogging day

A difficult night. It rained heavily and my sleep was badly disrupted. Most of the cable company men are gone. In fact mine is the only tent left on the site. And if Filthy Fox gives me trouble, I shall leave it behind - a donation to the site - as I cross to Portsmouth tomorrow and then, the same afternoon, to the Isle of Wight.

10.30 a.m.

Setting off a bit earlier, I get more done today.

I have a visitor registration and can use the P.C.s continuously as long as there is one free.










Later in the Meridian shopping centre where the library is based, a security man demands to know why I am photographing there.

Almost half the units are empty and the place has an unhappy feel about it.











5.30 p.m.

When I get back I explore the campsite. It's full of near-identical caravans which have been personalised in different ways. They look like permanent homes but the campsite is only occupied between April and October.