Thursday, July 16, 2009

25 June 2009 - Day 26: Blogging in Havant

2.30 a.m.

A hedgehog is trying to access the remains of my dinner. It's got right inside the plastic bag so, after chasing it out, I hang the bag on my bike handlebar.

The night is full of noises. The baby owls are "snoring" loudly, a funny sound which makes me smile. There are whoops, croaks and screeches, presumably from the parent owls.






The cable men go off to work. They seem to be organised in a hierarchy; men with large tents and laptops in one group, and separately much smaller tents with men who leave earlier and return later. They couldn't be quieter if they tried.

When I wake up again at 8.30 a.m. I have a duck visitor.


11.15 a.m.
















Back over Langstone Bridge to blog in Havant library. It's frustrating as jpegs on one memory card won't upload onto the p.c. So for the earlier Bosham blogs it has to be words alone for now.


















Afterwards during a soothing coffee down the road at Cafe Nero, Kelly puts my mobile on charge behind the counter and lets me stay after closing so it gets the maximum boost.

On the campsite a bonfire has been lit nearby but luckily the wind is carrying the smoke away from the tent, so I don't have to resort to my builder's mask.